Friday, 13 August 2021 10:09

5 Tips To Achieve Successful Weight Loss In Denver

Have you been struggling to lose weight? If so, don't get discouraged. Weight loss is never easy, especially when you lead a busy lifestyle. Between work and family, how can you find the time to shed pounds and hit your target weight? If you need help achieving successful weight loss in Denver, we have a few helpful tips for you at Whole Intent.

Just stick with our guidance and you'll be on track to hit your weight loss goal in no time.

How To Succeed At Weight Loss In Denver

Everyone knows that any great weight loss strategy involves two things: (1) Regular exercise and (2) A balanced diet of whole foods. The ultimate goal is to achieve a caloric deficit where you are burning more calories than you are consuming. That caloric deficit is the key to successfully lose weight.

Of course, losing weight isn't as simple as that. Numerous factors can influence your weight loss journey, some in ways you might not expect.

Our weight loss insights can help you address a few of those factors, so you don't lose your mind trying to lose weight.

1. Stay Hydrated

This may feel like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many forgo water throughout the day without realizing it. Water will help you stay hydrated and keep your energy levels high, so you can exercise more consistently. Plus water can actually help you lose weight too.

A clinical trial found that people who drank two glasses of water before a meal lost more weight than those who didn't (ACS). Those hydrated trial participants were able to keep the weight off too. This is mainly because water makes you feel fuller and suppresses your appetite, thus causing you to eat less during a meal.

2. Keep A Food Journal

Yes, a food journal is a good idea. Why? Because it forces you to practice self-monitoring and enables you to become more aware of your eating habits. Plus, this healthy habit has the research to back it up (Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics).

Get into the habit of writing down everything you eat throughout the day. At the end of the day, spend 5 minutes jotting down all the foods you bite into. Over time, you'll start to notice patterns in your eating habits and you'll identify ways to improve your nutrition.

3. Don't Ban Foods From Your Diet

Just because you're on a diet doesn't mean you need to go cold turkey on your favorite foods. When you ban certain foods, like pizza or chocolate, you'll only end up craving them more. That could lead you to fall off your diet and reverting to your old eating habits.

Instead, it's wiser to integrate your favorite treats into your diet plan now and then. Consider utilizing those foods as incentives in your weight loss strategy.

A good rule of thumb is to follow the 80/20 rule (Health). Under this rule, you'll eat healthy and nutritious foods 80% of the time. However, you'll be allowed to indulge in less healthy foods for the remaining 20% of your meals.

Just remember the age-old saying: "Everything in moderation." Don't go overboard with those unhealthy treats.

4. Focus On Healthy Behaviors, Not The Scale

Have you tried a fad diet before? Programs like Atkins, Paleo, and Keto can deliver great weight loss results, but they are only temporary. This is because as soon as you reach your weight loss goals, you'll go off the diet and revert to your old eating habits. Then it's only a matter of time until you regain all that lost weight.

Successful and sustainable weight loss is all about healthy habits. To achieve your weight loss goal (and maintain your new weight), you'll need to cultivate and stick to sustainable healthy eating habits. Here are a few examples of such habits:

  • Eating a variety of veggies and fruits each day
  • Cutting back on sugary beverages from your diet
  • Moderating alcoholic beverages
  • Spending more time being active with engaging activities
  • And so on

5. Hire A Weight Loss Accountability Coach

Weight loss is hard. There's no reason you need to go at it alone! We can all use some extra support from time to time and a weight loss accountability coach can offer you all the support you need.

Your coach will have extensive knowledge of fitness and weight loss in Denver. They'll develop a personalized weight loss strategy to help you achieve your health goals on a realistic timeline. And they'll increase your accountability so that your healthy eating habits really stick with you.

Get Expert Support For Your Weight Loss In Denver

If you're ready to lose weight but need help getting started, you've come to the right place.

At Whole Intent, we specialize in fitness and nutrition instruction. We will take a hyper-personalized approach to your health and wellness by developing a custom strategy to help you achieve your goals.

Contact Whole Intent today to book your consultation with our fitness and nutrition coach in Denver.