Monday, 15 February 2021 11:55

What A Successful Denver Weight Loss Strategy Looks Like

Losing weight is a different process for everyone. We all have different approaches, timelines, and weight loss goals. It can be extremely intimidating to get started since the fitness industry has become saturated with fad-diets and weight loss myths. That’s why we’re here today to make your weight loss journey a little bit easier. In this article, we will be breaking down what a successful Denver weight loss strategy looks like and how it can help you achieve your goals.

The Weight Loss Basics

First and foremost, losing weight is all about your diet. To achieve successful weight loss, you need to be in a calorie deficit, cut back on sugar and processed foods, and drink lots of water throughout the day. Ideally, you should aim for a calorie deficit of 500 calories less than your normal caloric maintenance count. This exact number differs for each person, so you will want to see a nutrition coach for an accurate number or calculate your maintenance level online.

Remember: proper nutrition is key for weight loss. Most people don’t realize that you can lose weight without exercising if you are simply eating correctly. However, you should still be getting your daily dose of exercise to supplement the weight loss process.

How exactly do you achieve proper nutrition? Your diet needs to consist of whole foods, fruits, and vegetables. That being said, the best way to change your lifestyle and not fall off track is to follow the 80/20 rule. This rule essentially means that 80% of the time you should be filling your plate with healthy, nutrient-dense foods, and the other 20% should be foods that you can indulge in and consume in moderation.

You should also be sure to track your weekly process and establish the specifics of your long-term goals. Remember: weight loss is a commitment that takes time and may require changes to your lifestyle.

How To Get Started With Your Denver Weight Loss Plan

An effective weight loss strategy always starts with setting your macro-level goals. And we don’t mean just set a goal that sounds like “I want to lose weight.” Your long-term weight loss goals need to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-Bound (or SMART). As any weight loss coach in Denver knows, the SMARTer and more detailed your goals are, the more likely you’ll hold yourself accountable to them.

Take some time now to determine exactly how much weight you want to lose and a realistic time frame to meet that goal. Remember to consider that, on average, those in a calorie deficit typically shed 1-3 pounds per week, if eating and exercising properly.

As you set your goals, it’s important to identify your motivation. Try to discover what exactly is motivating you to lose weight and keep it off. Consider writing those topics down and keeping them around your house as a reminder to keep pushing yourself. If little notes to yourself aren’t enough, it is always a smart idea to hire an expert. A fitness or nutrition coach is great to have throughout your journey as they will help educate you and hold you accountable to your goals. Those coaches can even help develop meal plans for you, guide your daily exercise, and meet with you frequently to check on your progress.

Keep Track of Your Progress

With the help of your fitness or nutrition coach, you will easily be able to track your progress through weekly check-ins. But, if you want to track your progress daily, you should consider getting a journal to log your meals, exercise habits, and daily weight changes. Those who track their success in small increments and can see physical changes in their physique are more likely to stick to their weight loss plan.

In Denver, Weight Loss Can Be Easy

Simply put, you should be engaging in at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week to supplement your weight loss, and just to benefit your overall health. By determining the caloric intake that’s best for your body, making meals that are nutrient-dense and rely on whole foods, and exercising regularly, you can achieve successful weight loss. We are lucky that Denver is packed with so many parks, gyms, and opportunities for better health.

All sorts of resources at your fingertips to supplement your weight loss journey! It’s time to take the initiative and commit yourself to a healthier lifestyle this year.

Take Action and Take Control of Your Body!

If you are mentally prepared to change your lifestyle and develop healthier habits while losing weight along the way, you’re in the right place! At Whole Intent, our fitness and nutrition coach is an expert at assisting those looking to become the healthiest versions of themselves.

There is no time like the present to start losing weight! Contact our fitness and nutrition coach today to get started on your Denver weight loss plan.